Ahhh the days of PS2, transparent controllers, 8MB memory cards, split-screen gaming – it was a time when gaming entered the mainstream market for the first time, and head on. If you are like me, you probably still long for those days of firing up your massively clunky console to hear the nostalgic intro music and iconic 3D geometric background – but it doesn’t mean that you need to dust off your hunk-a-junk to get the same feeling.
Truant Pixel with help from PlayStation US, Japan and even Naughty Dog built this PS4 dynamic theme, combining “multiple disparate elements into a single piece of theme software which mimics the sights, sounds, and functionality of the Playstation 2 Dashboard.”
The theme is set to release December 6th, so have your credit cards ready when the theme drops to take a long overdue trip down memory lane.
In other Sony news, hear the Santa Monica studio head’s thoughts on the latest God of War trailer.
‘The 2-minute gameplay trailer showcased a glimpse of how fluid and action-packed fighting sequences in the upcoming God of War title will be. Sony Santa Monica Head Shannon Studstill shared his opinion on Sony’s PlayStation Blog, describing what players got to witness in the trailer as a “sliver of the unflinching, intense, brutal, and often empowering new combat in God of War.”’
- Check out These Epic God of War Photos From PS Experience
- Sony Santa Monica Head Reveals Thoughts Regarding Latest God of War Trailer
- Sony Gives a Pretty Lame Excuse For Not Allowing Cross-Platform Play on the PS4
- God of War Quickfire Q&A Reveals New Details; 25-30% of the Game Is on a Boat
- The PS4 Is Now The Fastest-Selling PlayStation Ever