Bandai America is making Tamagotchis cool again. 2017 marks the 20th anniversary of the virtual pet, and judging by the overwhelming pre-order response, nineties kids are extremely keen to relive their childhoods.
Marketing director Tara Badie says “Tamagotchi is back in a big way”, revealing that initial batches sold out in less than 48 hours.
The US launch is preceded by Bandai Namco’s Japanese release in April, which re-introduced six different coloured eggs (orange, dark blue, white, pink, light blue/pink and medium blue/yellow) that could be purchased online and at supporting retailers. Now US fans can ride the nostalgia wave too, with a convenient metal chain that lets you attach your Tamagotchi to keys, jeans, or safely carry it on your travels. Miniature enthusiasts should note this version of the Tamagotchi is tiny, approximately half the size of the original device.
- Bandai America Announces Return of Tamagotchi, Hatching This Fall
- There’s A ‘Reservoir Dogs’ Video Game Coming Out For Some Reason
- Nintendo Reveals Why MARIO KART Games Still Have The Dreaded Blue Shell
- Dragon Ball FighterZ PC Requirements Revealed
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Coming To Nintendo Switch This Year