Why exactly did we get a Thanos cross-over in Epic Game’s Fortnite? We’ll for a pretty simple reason: The directors of the film play Fortnite, a lot.
Those being Avengers: Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo, who stated that between editing sessions, they would smash out a game here or there.
“We started thinking, how cool would it be to have some kind of Avengers–Fortnite mashup? So we stalked Donald [Mustard],” Joe Russo told Entertainment Weekly.
Epic Games creative director Donald Mustard got a call from Joe, and they started “brainstorming these crazy ideas.” “About an hour later, we had the bones of this awesome idea for a limited time gameplay mode, and almost immediately our team got started,” Mustard recalled.
“It was really important that whatever we did, it had to be super authentic to both Fortnite and the Avengers: Infinity War, and something that fans of both would be excited about.”
We’re glad they did though, the cross-over is a super fun addition to the game. Have you played the latest Fortnite update? Let us know in the comments below.
- Fortnite Mobile Rakes In $50 Million In 2 Months
- Fortnite X Avengers Update Is Now Live
- Spawn creator to make “sweet” Fortnite figurines, featuring Cuddle Team Leader
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Introduces A Heavy Shotgun
- Fortnite 5.2 patch notes: Double Barrel Shotgun blasts on to Battle Royale