Gears 5 released a little over a month ago to critical acclaim and fans’ delight. However, the game’s multiplayer content is running thin, and players are starting to complain due to the lack of new content to get their hands on to and grind-y events.
Well, The Coalition Head Rod Fergusson took to Twitter to reassure fans the development team is working on delivering “more content, more maps, and more modes.” He continued to compare Gears 4’s amount of free content with what the studio has planned for Gears 5.
We’re learning as we go. This is a completely different economy from Gears 4 (removed Gear packs) so it will take a little time to work through any issues. Our first attempt is not our last and we will continue to evolve until we get it right.
The majority of content is free in Supply Drops (free for playing) and in the Tour of Duty (medals and objectives). This is waaaay more free content than Gears 4. And with quarterly Operations giving even more free content including maps and modes. Just getting started.
More content, more maps and more modes coming. We just shipped so now we’re focused on expanding our offering…
Gears 5 is available now on Xbox One and PC. What new Gears 5 content are you most excited to see come to the title?
- Gears 5 microtransactions “will continue to evolve until we get it right”
- New Gears 5 Content Celebrates the Franchise’s 13th Anniversary
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has a “Battle Pass system, not a loot box system”
- Call of Duty: Warzone Multiplayer Free-To-Play This Weekend
- Earn the Batista Bomb in Gears 5 for a Limited Time, Here’s How