The highly anticipated update 1.8 for Ubisoft’s open-world MMO third-person shooter, The Division is out now. Alongside the usual bug and freeze fixes, the update adds a ridiculous amount of new content to the MMO.
Firstly players can expect a new zone in West Side Piers which has side missions, assortments of enemy factions working together and timed challenges to complete. The highly anticipated horde mode will also be introduced also adding some challenges into the mix. Players will also be able to finally participate in a standalone 4v4 competitive mode without an enemy faction presence, here the emphasis will be more on tactical combat rather than running and gunning.
Other useful additions which comes through in the update are new directors in the underground, new gear sets and tools, and a new mode called Rouge 2.0, which essentially allows you to play the game with the choice of running into enemy players or not.
To read up on what else is set to come with update 1.8 read Ubisoft’s blog post here.
Ubisoft’s The Division is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Are you still playing this mmo shooter? Will you be making a return with this upcoming update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- The Division Gets Update 1.8 Next Week; Adds Horde Mode and Team Deathmatch
- The Division 2 Open Beta Will Feature 3 Main Missions, PVP Multiplayer, and Endgame Experience; New Trailer Released
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Release Date Announced Alongside New Trailer; Pre-Order Now for Private Beta Access
- Ubisoft Releases The Division 2 Launch Trailer; Showcases Epic Battles, Crumbling Washington D.C., and More
- You could be playing The Division 2 instead of reading this