Some cryptic Twitter messages from both Bubba Ray and D’Von before Raw led to speculation that they might be running some sort of angle on the show, however, it appears that is not the case, and The Dudley Boyz are no longer a part of WWE. There were reports a few weeks back that they had signed a contract extension with the company, and the seeds of a break-up angle began being planted, but the contract was apparently never officially completed, and the decision was made for both sides to part amicably. After delivering a heartwarming speech on Raw, the Dudleyz were interrupted by The Shining Stars, who they destroyed with their signature moves before falling to an ambush from the team of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows, in order to put them over before leaving.
While few wrestlers have ever truly officially retired unless required to do so by injuries, both Dudleyz are well into their 40’s and have been wrestling for over two decades, so outside of a few independent appearances and some cameos with WWE, it’s very likely that they are done as full-time performers, and we wouldn’t be shocked to see them become part of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2017.
If this truly is the end of The Dudley Boyz, we’d like to congratulate Bubba Ray and D’von on a long and storied career, as one of the most decorated tag teams in wrestling history.
- D’Von Dudley Teases Possible Retirement On Social Media
- Randy Orton Roasts Indy Wrestling in Vicious Twitter Rant
- Latest Rumors Have Kurt Angle Wrestling a Match as Early as SummerSlam, Against a Surprise Opponent
- Kurt Angle Believes The WWE Will Eventually Ask Him To Wrestle Again
- Kurt Angle Finally Revealed The Shocking Secret He’s Been Hiding