The Evil Within 2 is finally upon us, and for that reason, Tango Gameworks and Bethesda felt it was the right time to fully describe each of the game’s difficulty settings.
The Evil Within 2 features four difficulty settings, however, they aren’t labelled easy, medium, hard and so on like normal video games. The game’s difficulty settings are Casual, Survival, Nightmare and Classic. Classic may sound deceiving, but it is described as the “ultimate The Evil Within 2 difficulty.” The Classic difficulty is unlocked after you finish the campaign on any of the three other settings.
- Do you just want to experience the story? This is the perfect setting for that. You’ll still get to see the spooky gameplay of The Evil Within 2, but the stealth and combat loop is far more forgiving. There’s nothing wrong with playing on an easier difficulty, so if you want to just enjoy the game’s interesting narrative then go ahead!
- Not too easy, not too hard. Survival is the middle difficulty that a lot of players will gravitate towards for their initial The Evil Within 2 difficulty choice. This increases the number of enemies, and players will have to keep an eye on their ammunition and inventory while playing. This is a good place to start, and if you find it too difficult or too easy, you can always change the settings.
- If you love the challenge of a survival horror game then this is what you’ll want to play on. Ammunition scarce, there’s no aim assist, and enemies do more damage than normal. Unless you’re okay with dying a ton, this might not be the best choice for people on their first playthrough, but it’s great if you want to re-experience the game for a second time.
- Classic is the ultimate The Evil Within 2 difficulty, and has to be unlocked by the player finishing the campaign before you can use it. That means you’ll already be very familiar with the game before you jump into this masochistic setting, and that’s a good thing. The damage the player takes from enemies is identical to Nightmare difficulty, but there are limited save slots and no auto-save functionality here. Every life matters, and this is the game’s ultimate challenge.
The Evil Within 2 released on October 13 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Evil Within 2 Trophy List Has Been Revealed
- PS4 Download Size For Evil Within 2 Revealed
- Daily Deal (Xbox One/PS4): The Evil Within 2 Is Only $19.99 At GameStop
- Daily Deal: The Evil Within 2 Is Only $12.99 On NewEgg
- Daily Deal: The Evil Within Is Only $4.99 On GameStop