Borderlands 3 gets its first big patch today, and you know what means: it’s time for patch notes! Today’s list includes a broad range of bug fixes, UI improvements, and performance tweaks, but perhaps the most important detail is that it’s totally not just you: that boss fight against Killavolt is in fact broken.
The fight against Killavolt – the culmination of a set of battle royale sidequests with the promise-slash-threat of “sex stuff” – takes place in an arena with a set of electric floor tiles. Naturally, you take damage when those floor tiles are electrified, but certain attacks would leave the entire floor activated – thus, you had no way to escape. The devs say “oops,” and have fixed it.
There are also a bunch of performance fixes here. On PC, the game will now do less texture streaming while you’re aiming down sights, and more generally a set of hitches are getting fixed which were tied to the size of your friends list. We’ve also got everyone’s favourite “general stability improvements.”
There’s a lot of minutiae in the remained of the notes – which you can see on the official site – but I rather like the fact that vending machines will now automatically sort items by rarity, so you can get to the good stuff more easily.
Borderlands 3 sales have been pretty astounding, and it seems that the game’s Epic exclusivity hasn’t slowed down interest on PC by any meaningful margin.
- Metro Exodus PC Update Optimizes Lower-End PCs, RTX Fixes, and General Stability Fixes
- Metro Exodus PC Update Improves General Input Responsiveness, Improves Performance of Integrated Graphics Cards and More
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Update 1.03 Now Live on PS4 and Xbox One; Full Patch Notes Detailed
- Borderlands 3 buffs Zane and nerfs FL4K
- Anthem’s new patch fixes endgame loot drops and respawn timers