The Forest, an open-world survival title which has been out for a couple years now on Steam was confirmed to release on Sony’s platform, however, we didn’t have a release window yet. Now the entertainment company has unveiled that the title will release next year. Not only that, during the PSX celebrations, we also got to have a quick glimpse of what to expect from the title on console.
In The Forest, the player takes on the role of the lone survivor of an airplane crash, building shelter and tools and fending for themselves as they navigate the unfamiliar landscape and hostile mutated cannibals inhabiting the island. The title is best played in co-op, but you can play it solo if you so desire.
Here’s what to expect from the game when it launches in 2018.
Enter a living, breathing world, where every tree and plant can be chopped down. Below ground explore a vast network of caves and underground lakes.
- Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving.
- Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. Lay traps and defences to keep a safe perimeter.
- Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools. Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.
- Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human.
- Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.
The Forest is out now for PC.
- Konami: Metal Gear Survive Is Not A Dating Service
- Fe Releases February 16th
- Daily Deal: Mass Effect Andromeda PS4 Is Only $12.99 On Amazon
- Daily Deal: Mass Effect: Andromeda Is Only 11.94 On Amazon PS4/Xbox One
- Portal Knights Releases November 23rd For Nintendo Switch