A blog post on the official website describes the company in a “whirlwind” since the launch of the game, contributing to some of the issues.
“Thanks everyone for your continued support. It’s been a whirlwind since launch. We’re seeing millions of fans play every day. However, we also know we’ve had issues, there’s frustration. We recognize that and we hear you.
Our highest priority is to deliver the best online experience possible. We’re not there yet, and we won’t rest until we are.”
The studio has stated that the whole team is “working around the clock” to solve the issues. Here’s what to expect when the patch goes lives:
- Online Connectivity – While our previous Game Update which released early Friday solved several critical needs, unfortunately it also had an adverse effect on server performance. As a result, we moved to P2P (listen) servers. Overall, the game is stable, however we know that P2P brings things like Host Migrations and other issues that make for inconsistent gameplay experiences. Our objective to return to dedicated servers is our highest priority.
- Dedicated Servers – This weekend we rolled out various test solutions in limited markets in order to fully analyze real-world conditions without risking disruption. This level of data and diagnostics is helping us work toward a permanent solution as quickly as possible. We’ve begun to test dedicated servers today in the US. We’ll watch this test closely, and once we analyze the results we’ll look to expand.
- Game Disconnects From Server – After much testing, our engineering teams identified the root cause of this issue, which can also result in lost stats and post match lobby freezes. Later tonight, we plan to deploy a patch across both consoles worldwide. We’ll monitor the results, and keep everyone updated.
- Headquarters – As we focus on the return to dedicated servers as our highest priority, we will continue to utilize a solo-HQ experience. Players can still invite friends, which we encourage everyone to try. But we get it, HQ is best enjoyed with a thriving, fully populated social community interacting together. So hang in there while we address the most pressing concerns first.
How have you found Call of Duty: WWII so far? Let us know in the comments below.
- For Honor To Get Dedicated Servers For Consoles Tomorrow
- PUBG Xbox One Gets A New Patch Reducing Intermittent In-game Lag
- For Honor’s Dedicated Servers Go Live Today; Participate and Get Exclusive Rewards
- Sea of Thieves Gets Another Closed Beta This Weekend
- New Update For PUBG PC Test Server Is Out