The Nintendo Switch has sold 10 million units worldwide since its release in March of this year.
As of September 30, the Switch had sold 7.63 million units, meaning that Nintendo has sold close to 2.5 million additional units in the last two and a half months. Nintendo revealed the latest sales figure on Twitter this morning, alongside the image below:
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) December 12, 2017
Back in October, Nintendo announced that it expects to sell 14 million units by March 2018, which would put the console above its predecessor, the Wii U, which has lifetime sales of 13.56 million units.
According to NPD Group, the Nintendo Switch was the top-selling console in the U.S. for six of the first eight months of its availability and despite not being discounted, it was reportedly the best-selling product among online retailers on Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
The Switch has also had a successful year when it comes to software releases, with the launch title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild recently winning game of the year at The Game Awards earlier this month.
- Nintendo Switch Expected To Surpass Wii U Lifetime Sales By April 2018
- Nintendo Switch Becomes Fastest Selling Console In France
- Nintendo Switch Sales Hit The 10 Million Mark In Only 9 Months
- Nintendo Will Double Switch Production To Meet Demand
- Switch Becomes Fastest Selling Console Of All Time