Unless you’re dead-set on waiting for the Steam version, it’s just one week from take-off on Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds. As such, the developer has released the system requirements for the open-world space RPG, and they probably won’t have you needing an urgent upgrade to play.
First, on the minimum side, Obsidian recommends the Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T paired with the Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850, all of which are very humble pieces of hardware. Then, for the recommended specs, you’ll want an Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600 along with the GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470.
The most surprising part is the size – you’ll only need 40GB of hard-drive space on The Outer Worlds release date. Not tiny, but smaller than what you’d expect from a sprawling space-travelling action-adventure, and a far-cry from the above-100GB big releases nowadays often require. The post on Obsidian’s official forum makes no mention of graphical options such as FOV slider and what have you, so we’ll likely have to wait until reviews come out to know more on those.
Full specs can be found below, or you can check out our sister site System Requirements Lab for everything on The Outer Worlds system requirements.
The Outer Worlds Minimum Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1) 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850
- HDD Space: 40GB
The Outer Worlds Recommended Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470
- HDD Space: 40GB
Given the modest requirements, many players will be able to launch The Outer Worlds on recommended or above day one. From then, we can see just what the game offers on more advanced kit. The Outer Worlds comes in for landing on the Epic Games Store and Microsoft Store on October 25.
- Here are the Ghost Recon Breakpoint system requirements
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot system requirements are live and potato-friendly
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint Minimum and Recommended PC Specs Revealed Up to Ultra 4K
- Need for Speed Heat PC Requirements Revealed; Over 20 Mins of 4K Gameplay Released
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare wants to eat 175GB of your hard drive