Critically acclaimed and award winning sci-fi platformer The Talos Principle will be making the journey to iOS devices, Croteam has announced.
The Talos Principle originally released in 2014 through Steam, and delayed its philosophical debut on PlayStation 4 until a year later. The iOS edition features an intuitive tap-and-swipe system and gifts players with 20 hours of premium existential entertainment. There are more than 120 puzzles to sift through, involving the manipulation of lasers, diverting drones, and even the replication of time. Best of all, The Talos Principle lets players drift along at their own pace with its offbeat, non-linear approach.
To ensure better graphical performance on iOS, The Talos Principle is using Metal API and Serious Engine, the latter of which was also implemented in Croteam’s gory FPS games Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.
Game soundtrack and merchandise specialists Laced Records also teamed up with Croteam and Devolver Digital to release the game’s soundtrack in classic black vinyl records. They’re available for €33.00 ($39 USD), and 10 lucky fans who purchase the LP will receive vinyls signed by composer Damjan Mravunac.
Sci-fi lovers can purchase The Talos Principle for just $4.99 through the App Store (iPhone, iPad). Note that it requires iOS 9.0 and up.
Last year, Croteam confirmed it was working on The Talos Principle 2.
- DOOM Soundtrack Gets A Vinyl And CD Release
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced, Will Debut at E3
- Daily Deal: Serious Sam Franchise Sale On Steam; Up To 88% Off On Selected Titles
- Scarlet Moon Records Release Original Soundtrack for Wizard of Legends; Composed by Dale North
- Horizon Zero Dawn Vinyl Box Set Available Now Through PlayStation Gear Store; Features 74 Handpicked Tracks