You’ve been waiting patiently for it since it was announced a couple months back, and now it’s finally here. After moving from ‘in development’ to ‘coming soon’ last week, the 4K and HDR patch for CD Projekt Red’s critically acclaimed third-person RPG The Witcher 3, has finally dropped.
Here’s what all you can expect from the Patch:
‘With the additional power of the Xbox One X, we are able to deliver The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in 4K, while providing numerous visual tweaks such as higher-quality shadows, ambient occlusion & texture filtering, as well as higher resolution textures, and an all-around performance boost.
Thanks to 4K, we can show everything our artists created with more detail. And it’s not just owners of a 4K TV who will benefit from the higher resolution. Thanks to supersampling, the leap in quality will be visible even on a 1080p screen.’
The Witcher 3 on Xbox One X also makes a huge resolution jump in comparison to the PS4 Pro, which only renders the game at 1920×2160. The additional update patch for the PS4 is expected soon, with support for HDR and a series of technical changes on the way, although CD Projekt has not yet announced when.
The Witcher 3 is out now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- The Witcher 3 Xbox One X Update ‘Coming Soon’
- The Witcher 3 HDR Patch Sacrifices Visuals For Performance
- Here’s What To Expect From State of Decay 2 Xbox One X Enhancements
- CD Projekt RED Talks About Creating Our Beloved Hero, Geralt of Rivia, and How the Witcher Series Came to Be
- For Honor Gets a 4K Patch For The Xbox One X Today