After stunning everyone by showing up at the Royal Rumble, former UFC champion Ronda Rousey hasn’t appeared on WWE television since. That’s kind of a crappy way to promote your newest star, as many people tuned in to the episode of Raw after the Rumble to see what Rousey would do next, only to be disappointed that she didn’t show.
The WWE publicly acknowledged that Rousey was busy finishing up a movie shoot, which explained her absence. On the other hand, Rousey has stated that her WWE contract is a “full-time” one, so we definitely expected to see her more often. This week, Raw general manager Kurt Angle announced when Rousey would return to WWE programming.
— WWE (@WWE) February 13, 2018
That’s right, Rousey will show up at the Elimination Chamber event in order to… sign a Raw contract.
While there’s always the possibility of a confrontation with another female superstar, trotting Rousey out on PPV to simply sign with the Raw brand (which everyone already assumed she would do) seems like a waste. But if you’re curious to see what happens, you can catch Elimination Chamber on PPV and the WWE Network on February 25.
- Ronda Rousey Showed Up at The Royal Rumble and It Was Kind Of Weird
- The Women’s Royal Rumble Could Have (At Least) One Very Surprising Entry
- WWE Announces Jon Stewart Will Appear At SummerSlam
- Ronda Rousey WWE Watch: She’s Still in UFC Drug Testing Pool
- Smackdown Ratings Drop To New Post-Draft Low