After the official Xbox Instagram account posted a story showing Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider sat under a great big neon Game Pass sign, it was a natural jump to think that Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be coming to Microsoft’s monthly service. This would be a pretty big deal as, while Microsoft’s first-party games are now launching on Game Pass on release day, the same isn’t true for big third-party games.
If you could pick up a game like Shadow of the Tomb Raider on launch day through a £10-a-month service, that would be an awfully tempting deal.
However, we’ve been in touch with Square Enix’s PR and they’ve told us that there are no plans to add Shadow of the Tomb Raider onto Game Pass at the moment, it was advertising that Rise of the Tomb Raider is now on Microsoft’s service and that the sequel will be out this year.
The image posted to Instagram was pretty suggestive (via Reddit):
I mean, if you saw a sign like that wouldn’t you jump to the conclusion that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is coming to Game Pass? Well, strike that through from your mind.
Metro Exodus and Metro Last Light got the same treatment in the Instagram story and we’re currently trying to confirm whether it’s the same deal or if Exodus will be launching on Game Pass.
- Eidos Montreal Shoots Down Shadow of the Tomb Raider Nintendo Switch Port Speculations
- No Plans For Metro Exodus On Switch
- Tomb Raider Has Sold 11 Million Copies; Half Of The Sales Were On PC
- Microsoft Offers Two Tomb Raider Titles For Xbox One Backwards Compatibility
- Square Enix Tantalises Tomb Raider Fans With Suspiciously Worded Post