Netflix and indie developers BonusXP have teamed up to give fans the perfect antidote to Stranger Things blues—a genuine, retro styled video game. And unlike those pesky arcade games, it won’t cost you a single penny.
It’s set in the fictional city of Hawkins, and lets you explore iconic locations like the Hawkins Lab, Mirkwood Forest, and previously unseen areas. Carried by achingly old school chip tunes, a top-down perspective, and pixel art reminiscent of A Link to the Past, it’s clear that Stranger Things: The Game wants to pay homage to the classics. Gameplay involves both solving puzzles (with different characters) and collecting Eggos and Gnomes for the chance to unlock something special…
Stranger Things: The Game is available for both iOS and Android devices. Season 2 of Stranger Things broadcasts on October 27, the same day Super Mario Odyssey, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus come out.
- Stranger Things S3 teaser hides Steve’s glorious hair, oozes mall nostalgia
- Google Collects Android Location Data Even When Location Service Is Disabled
- Telltale Is Working On A Stranger Things Game
- Westworld To Get A Mobile Game
- Magical Pixel Art Adventure Crossing Souls is Out Now