THQ Nordic recently announced its acquisition of Swedish studio, Experiment 101.
For those of you who don’t know Experiment 101, it is a Swedish game development studio composed of former Avalanche Studios employees and the recent new open-world action RPG, Biomutant. THQ Nordic announced in a press release, which you can see below, its full acquisition of the company as well as its original IP. The company reassured fans that the game’s development will continue as planned.
THQ Nordic is announcing today that it has acquired 100% of the shares from Experiment 101 AB, as well as the intellectual property of Biomutant the open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, which is now part of the THQ Nordic portfolio.
The IP-acquisition itself is being handled by THQ Nordic AB, based in Karlstad, Sweden, whereas the day-to-day business will be handled by THQ Nordic GmbH, based in Vienna, Austria.
Experiment 101 is currently working on Biomutant for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. More details on one of the biggest surprise hits of this year’s Gamescom will be revealed in 2018.
Biomutant is planned for release in 2018 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- New Biomutant Gameplay Released; Shows Of Weapons And Endgame Results
- Ambitious Action RPG Biomutant Delayed to Summer 2019
- Biomutant Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- THQ Nordic is making another Expedition game after its third IP purchase this week
- THQ Nordic and Avalanche Studios Sign Agreement for Worldwide Distribution of Generation Zero