Earlier this month, Ubisoft announced Operation Para Bellum, a major content update marking the beginning of the second season in the game’s third year.
The update promised two new operators, the introduction of the new Pick and Ban system, buffing Echo and even the Clubhouse map. The latest information available details the two new operators’ background story and some of their special abilities, named Maestro and Alibi.
Year Three Season Two brings a breath of innovation, spawning a new intel gadget, a Clubhouse map buff, an Echo buff, lots of gameplay fixes, and the Pick & Ban settings.
New operator, Alibi, is an undercover infiltration specialists in the Italian Gruppo di Intervento Speciale (G.I.S.) unit. She is a cunning adversary with a gift for infiltrating dense networks of organized crime. Alibi is notable for her deployable Hologram, a mechanism that makes it difficult for enemies to positively identify her from her incredibly realistic projections.
New Operator, Maestro, is another member of the Italian, Gruppo di Intervento Speciale (G.I.S.) and participated in joint operations in Iraq, earning a facial scar from a roadside IED. Maestro is notable for his remote access turret, which is also bulletproof, capable of seeing through smoke, and able to fire low powered-laser beams.
Operation Para Bellum will also introduce the Pick & Ban system. This feature provides an extra layer of strategy between teams, as each side tries to counter their opponents’ picks during the banning phase. Players can even anticipate a thrilling twist at the last moment, when teams swap Operators for the unexpected 6th Pick.
Additionally game updates include:
- Deloyable Bullet Proof Cameras
- New Counter Defuser Animation
- Dropshotting Adjustments
- Weapon Sight Misalignment Adjustments
- New Observation Tool Management
- Operator Speed Adjustments
- Echo Buff
- Clubhouse Map Buff
Operation Para Bellum update releases later in June.
- Rainbow Six Siege Operation Para Bellum Update Content Revealed;
- Rainbow Six Seige’s Mute gets an SMG-11 with the Wind Bastion patch
- Rainbow Six Siege: Grim Sky release date – all the latest details on the new operation
- Rainbow Six Siege Operation Grim Sky revealed, bringing blowtorch and shield operators
- Rainbow Six Siege Pro League just banned Lion for the first part of Season 9