Last year, Tony Hawk launched a text message subscription service that he would use to respond to fan questions – even revealing which of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games was his all time favorite. Now, he’s used the service once again to let his fans in early on some huge news: Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 remasters are coming soon.
The news was later confirmed by the game’s brand new twitter account, and then officially revealed once more by Tony himself. Now we can rest easy knowing that the game is actually happening, and we’ve already been given a surprising amount of details as to what it will include.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 will be a remastered package of the original games, including the soundtrack, original skaters, maps, and much more. Original modes and online multiplayer will also be a part of the package. The game will be dropping on September 4 on PS4 and Xbox One, as well as on PC as an Epic Games Store exclusive.
After a series of leaks, as well as Activision openly talking about remastering some of its older titles in the upcoming years, this news might not come as a massive surprise to some. Still, the fact that we finally have an idea of what the Pro Skater remasters will look like is pretty exciting.
thank you The gamer .com for letting us know first.
- Tony Hawk remakes use new face scans, so all the skaters will be old now
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 & 2 remasters grinding onto PC in September
- Tony Hawk Has Cut Ties With Activision, ‘Pro Skater’ Series
- Relive the glory days of Tony Hawk Pro Skater with a documentary on its creation
- The Tony Hawk Video Game Story Gets a Release Date