With the first week of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s private beta behind us, now it is time for Treyarch to take the fans’ feedback and act accordingly.
The game’s second private beta weekend kicks off early Friday till early Monday, from August 10th to the 13th. However, the studio plans to add more features, scorestreaks, extra maps as well as tweaks to movement and specialist weapons. Since armour was a “hot topic” throughout the beta, Treyarch plans to discuss the changes made thoroughly in a future post. The post also teased a “secret new mode that has been kept under tight wraps” will make an appearance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s second weekend, alongside “new XP events, and/or new level caps,” and the new map featured in the trailer.
- We’ve made a big pass at tuning the effectiveness of Scorestreaks that are underperforming. This includes: expanding the Hellstorm cluster lock-on radius, increasing the damage per shell of the Lighting Strike, upping the health of the Sentry turret, increasing the Strike Team’s weapon accuracy, improving the Strafe Run’s plane pathing and increasing the Attack Chopper’s targeting capabilities.
- As promised, we’ve also made some modifications to locomotion, namely to reduce the amount of bunny hopping + sliding combo moves. We realize how important locomotion is to the feel of the game, so this is always a delicate balancing act and we’re taking it slow, starting with: reducing the global jump height by 5 units; slowing down very slightly the acceleration on sliding; and jumping multiple times in a row will now scale down jump height with each subsequent jump.
- A pass at performance optimizations has been made across all maps in the Beta for improved framerate.
- Made a pass at global spawn improvements in various maps and modes.
- Updated Hardpoint locations and rotation on Seaside.
- Specialist Weaponry/Equipment
- We’ve made some tuning adjustments including reducing overall effectiveness of the K9 Unit while fixing some of its more *ahem* egregious pathing issues.
- Because we know this is a hot topic, we’re going to address it separately with a dedicated thread. We did say that we wanted to leave this alone until more content is unlocked, and we’ve had more time to crunch the data from all of the content in the game. For now, we are making some early tweaks which we’ll discuss in a later post.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s second private beta weekend kicks off next Friday August 10th at 10AM PT/5PM GMT and ends on Monday August 13th at10AM PT/5PM GMT. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 releases on October 12 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. If you are eager to get your hands on an actual Mystery Box from the series zombies mode, make sure to check out the collector’s edition.
- We have 50 codes for the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 PC beta up for grabs!
- Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Had 5X More Players Than Infinite Warfare’s Launch
- Call of Duty Officially Unveils the Official Map for Their Battle Royale Mode, Blackout
- Here’s your first look at Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 battle royale gameplay
- Check Out Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Collector’s Edition