Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 4 is official, and so are most of the rumours we heard regarding multiplayer before the announcement. The game indeed has a battle royale mode.
Black Ops 4 producer Miles Leslie shared some information regarding Blackout, Treyarch’s version of the battle royale genre. Apparently, players will get to play as some of the iconic characters throughout Blacks Ops history, including Reznov and more, which will act as skins if I am not mistaken. The map will also feature classic areas, such as Nuketown to allow for a more familiar surroundings.
Here are the facts: the biggest Call of Duty map ever with the most players we’ve ever had in Call of Duty history playing together. For us, it’s about crafting the experience. The numbers aren’t even important to us. We’re not talking about specific numbers.
We’re in a unique position where we can draw on our history across all of Black Ops. You loved Reznov, now you can play as him. You love the Zombies characters, you can play as them. All the vehicles and weapons from past games.
Sprinkling in landmarks for different games, so you can say, ‘Let’s go to the Nuketown sign or Nuketown house.’ Not saying we’re putting empty maps in Blackout, because it’s designed for the experience, but you’ll be able to pick up on those landmarks in some really cool ways. This really ties into a different experience for a battle royale game.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 releases on October 12 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The post Treyarch Reveals More Information Regarding Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Battle Royale Mode appeared first on Gameranx.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Will Be Playable At E3
- Here’s Our First Look At Call of Duty Black Ops 4: Blackout Gameplay
- Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta Start Date; Begins on PS4 First, Other Consoles to Follow
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Its Blackout Mode ‘Really Celebrates the Legacy of Black Ops’
- Call of Duty Officially Unveils the Official Map for Their Battle Royale Mode, Blackout