Developer Dark Crystal Games, an indie studio based in Russia, announced their latest project. An old-school sci-fi post-apocalyptic RPG, Encased, is in the works, and the studio is setting out to seek some extra funding.
Dark Crystal Games’ staff includes personnel who previously worked on titles such as Divinity: Original Sin 2, Life Is Feudal: Forest Village, Mass Effect, as well as other high-profile titles. This experience combined with the young members of the studio will definitely lead to innovative ideas in their latest project. Encased features a turn-based combat system, accompanied by a “approximately 30+ hours long” story campaign. Players set on an adventure to unravel the mysteries surrounding the Dome. Here is a brief description of the game’s setting and main features.
- Old-school isometric RPG coming to PC, Mac, Linux, XBox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch;
- Sci-fi and post-apocalyptic setting;
- Turn-based combat system;
- Single protagonist with companions;
- Story campaign of approximately 30+ hours long with significant replay potential;
- Dozens and dozens of side quests to adventure;
- Gigantic open world via the global map with about 200 handcrafted locations to explore;
- More than 75 unique random encounters.
The game is set in an alternate 1970’s and revolves around the exploration of the Dome, a mysterious structure discovered in a remote desert. No one knows the exact nature of those who built the Dome, but the founders of this advanced civilization have come to be called the Forefathers.
You will discover miraculous technologies and weird artifacts in the labyrinths of the Dome, but that is not all the Forefathers left behind. Watch out for automated security systems, traps, and inexplicable anomalies.
Encased is scheduled to release early 2019 for PC, and winter 2020 for consoles. Check out the Kickstarter trailer below.
[Source: official press release]
- Encased is a classic Fallout-style RPG from former Divinity developers
- Visual Novel RPG, The Ballad Singer, Kickstarter Campaign Launched; Features 1700 Stories and 40 Different Endings
- Historical RPG Knights of Light Kickstarter Campaign Launched
- Paradox Announces Age of Wonders: Planetfall; Releases in 2019
- Wargroove will feature Arcade and Challenge modes