Ubisoft has recently purchased 1492 Studio, the mobile development house from Montpellier, France who created the successful story-driven title, “Is it Love?”
Is it Love is an episodic series of interactive dramas in which a player’s choices shape their storyline, through relationships and discoviers. On the mobile marketplace, it’s become extremely popular snagging a place in one of the top five grossing mobile simulation games.
“‘Is It Love?” already is one of the leaders in episodic, narrative-driven mobile games, with a highly-engaged community of players,” said Jean-Michel Detoc, executive director of Ubisoft Mobile. “This deal is in keeping with our strategy of reaching new audiences through smart, targeted, and highly profitable acquisitions.”
“We are delighted to join Ubisoft. “Is It Love?” is already a fast growing success, and we believe that with Ubisoft’s international network and marketing power the series has the potential to become known and enjoyed all over the world,” said Claire and Thibaud Zamora, co-founders of 1492 Studio.
Ubisoft has always been pushing the mobile market for quite sometime now. In 2016 with the purchase of Ketchapp, it became the 4th biggest publisher of mobile gamers in the world. Thoughts on Ubisoft’s purchase? Let us know in the comments down below.
- Ubisoft Opens New Studios in India and Ukraine
- IO Interactive Will Be Making A Hitman Announcement October 24
- Head of Ubisoft Discusses The Benefits and Struggles of Having 12,000 Employees
- Former Ubisoft and The Division Devs Form New Studio; Plans for Multiplayer Title Based on “Cult-Classic” IP
- Battlefield V May Get A Battle Royale Mode