After the recent reveal of Ubisoft’s plans to release several Rainbow Six Siege special editions and limited-time Outbreak packs, the studio received quite a bit of backlash because as a result of these special editions, the regular $40 of the title will be removed from the market.
The studio had to communicate to the game’s fanbase on Reddit and track back on their decision to remove Rainbow Six Siege’s regular edition from the market. Not only that, the studio will also grant anyone who plays a match between now and March 6th an Ash Sidewinder Elite skin.
Our passionate and dedicated fans are the reason why Rainbow Six Siege is a success, especially the ones who have been with us from Day 1. Following yesterday’s announcement, we have seen the frustration from our veteran players rise to the top of the discussion. Below you will find our next steps for addressing these concerns.
- For our veteran players, any of you that play an online match between now and March 6th will receive the upcoming Ash Sidewinder Elite skin for free. The Ash Sidewinder Elite will be automatically granted to your inventory at the launch of Year 3 Season 1.
- For our newcomers and those of you concerned about introducing your friends to the game, we will be keeping the Standard Edition in the store at the current price.
- For those of you who have raised concerns over the Starter Edition when it comes to acquiring Operators, we will be sharing more information about our next steps during the Six Invitational. We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid.
What do you think of Ubisoft’s recent decision?
- Rainbow Six Siege Hibana Elite skin release date: when you can get the Onkochishin bundle
- Rainbow Six Siege Special Editions Revealed; Celebrating Year 3’s Content Release
- Rainbow Six Siege’s Bandit gets a Hell’s Angel makeover for his elite skin
- Rainbow Six Siege’s Frost goes on the hunt in her new elite skin
- The Rainbow Six Siege Standard Edition has disappeared from Steam