A staggeringly dark new trailer for the much anticipated ARPG Underworld Ascendant has landed on YouTube.
The inclusion of “much anticipated” is of course due to the game’s development team, OtherSide Entertainment, which consists of industry veterans who brought the likes of Thief, System Shock, BioShock Infinite and Ultima Underworld to life. Another reason to get hyped is Underworld Ascendant‘s identity. It’s a modern day sequel to Ultima Underworld and Ultima Underworld 2, which will no doubt fuel the nostalgia of the Ultima fanbase, and anyone remotely excited by RPGs.
The teaser trailer, while brief, gives us a peek inside the perilous halls of the Stygian Abyss, a shadowy dungeon that’s home to a gauntlet of deadly traps and fleshless foes.
Since the gameplay makes use of first person perspective, mastering a mixed bag of skills and weapons becomes all the more intimate, but there’s also an improvisational core that promises to keep you on your toes.
- Underworld Ascendant’s devs promise to bascially fix the entire game in two exhaustive updates
- Underworld Ascendant world-premiere hands-on: So far, it’s Underwhelm Ascendant
- Chaotic Hack ‘n’ Slash MetaMorph: Dungeon Creatures Receives Expansion
- Ambitious Rogue Indie Below Receives December 14th Release Date
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Patch 4.3 Introducing Extra Quests, Secret Trial