PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ Xbox One servers for testing for quite a while now, and it’s finally time for it to go live.
PUBG’s upcoming Xbox One patch adds colorblind and crosshair settings for players to manipulate, alongside a new slider interface and grouping up similar game settings in categories of their own. Not only that, the update expands all scopes’ field of view, adds a parallex effect when moving weapons quickly, increases transition speed between menus and adds new grenade hit effects and animations. Here is the update’s complete patch notes.
Settings menu changes:
- Game settings are now grouped up by category.
- Colorblind settings have been added
- Crosshair settings have been added
- Added a new slider interface
- Added an option to adjust strength of game controller vibration.
- Added an option to set deadzone for the left analog stick.
- Aim acceleration can now be completely disabled if set to 0.
- Those of you who previously set it to “0” may want to set it to “1” to preserve the feel from previous patches.
- The game controller function guide has been updated.
Scopes have been changed to be more realistic:
- Expanded all scopes’ field of view
- Added a parallax effect when moving weapons quickly
- Added vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction), and a distortion effect on the edge of scopes
Out-of-game menus and UX improvements:
- The “cancel matchmaking” UI has been improved. You can now cancel matchmaking by holding the X button on any screen except the SETTINGS menu
- We improved the UI that indicates that matchmaking is in progress. Progress time is now displayed. When a match is found, a countdown will appear
- Transition speed between menus has been increased
- Two new menu items have been added: CUSTOMIZATION and STORE.
- To get a box, go to STORE > CRATES
- To open the box you’ve received, go to MY ITEMS in STORE
- On test servers, the number of boxes that can be purchased per week has been increased significantly (up to 100)
- After launching the game, a single, simplified loading screen pops up before the lobby appears (instead of many different screens)
A few more miscellaneous changes:
- Emotes have been added. Emote UI will show up if you press the LB+RB buttons at the same time. Choose an emote with the right analog stick and press down with the R stick to use the selected emote.
- We added some contextual on-screen popups that explain button functions.
- Added new grenade hit effects and animations
- We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters when dealing non-lethal damage (if players are killed by a grenade, they’ll still be knocked back)
- There was a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in a leaning position (caused by going prone while leaning). This is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue causing punching to slow down movement while sprinting
- Player can no longer see through walls by going prone near houses with stone steps in Miramar
- In spectator mode, water sounds sometimes inappropriately continued after changing perspective. This has now been fixed
- When preparing to throw grenades, the projection visualization no longer inappropriately penetrates through objects
How much are you enjoying PUBG right now?
- New PUBG Miramar Update For Xbox One Drops
- FIFA 18 Update 1.09 Adds Accessibility Settings, Performs Gameplay Changes and More
- PUBG’s Xbox One Version Receives Update; Increases Weapon Damage on Vehicles and More
- Battlefield V Receives Small Update; Addresses Connectivity Issues and Fixes Reported Bugs
- Fortnite 1.8.1 Patch Notes Revealed; Adds Option For Uncapped Framerate