Controversial racing game Carmageddon TDR 2000 is now yours to collect on GOG.com at no extra cost. Sequel to 1997’s Carmageddon and follow up to Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now, this millennial installment promises the same brand of destructive insanity.
Developer Torus Games tells the story of Max Damage, an amoral genius who’s been incarcerated for life and is dying to get out. To assist with his escape plan, players will need to unchain their killer instincts and lay waste to police, gangsters and outraged inhabitants indiscriminately across 48 missions. There are 50 vehicles to obliterate, nine 3D demolition derby style environments to cruise through, and nine custom maps you can enjoy in multi-player mode. The Carmageddon franchise was originally built in response to the boredom Stainless Games experienced while playing vanilla racers, so it seems they decided to inject a bit of GTA into it. Nice.
Claim your free PC (Windows only) copy of Carmageddon TDR 200 here. Fans of hyper-violent racing can also purchase the whole Carmageddon series for around $13 USD.
- Demolition Derby Themed Wreckfest Coming to Consoles and PC
- MX vs. ATV All Out Release Date Announced; Coming to Consoles and PC in March
- Team Sonic Racing Officially Delayed
- THQ Nordic has bought Carmageddon so get ready for more gory racing
- XCOM 2’s free Tactical Legacy Pack adds new story missions and custom skirmishes