Last year, Blue Wizard Digital’s Slayaway Camp took horror fans on a disturbing, isometric ride through a less than ordinary summer camp. Assuming the role of deranged voxel killer Skullface, players were tasked with decapitating, squashing, and pulverising unsuspecting victims. It all sounds rather brutal, but the blocky, adorable characters create a humorous dissonance.
In a recent announcement, Blue Wizard Digital made it public that Slayaway Camp would be re-releasing for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut, an expanded version of the original game.
In addition to the base game, you can expect over 300 puzzles, more than 90 Gorepacks plus outrageous death scenes, and 60+ killers including Kevin, Mutant Hillbilly, and an inter-dimensional clown who goes by ‘THAT’.
In the audio department, Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut features a bonafide glam metal soundtrack by GNÜ TRUNTION, and stars the vocal talents of Mark Meer (Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard) and Derek Mears (Jason Vorhees in the 2009 film reboot of Friday the 13th).
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut will drop late next month—just in time for Halloween.
- Friday The 13th: Killer Puzzle Finalises Steam & Mobile Release
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden scores – our roundup of the critics
- Scarlet Moon Records Release Original Soundtrack for Wizard of Legends; Composed by Dale North
- Fortnite’s snowstorm is getting closer, and it’s hiding clues about season 7
- PUBG Halloween skins have leaked – and the prices are scary high