Last year, Blue Wizard Digital’s Slayaway Camp took horror fans on a disturbing, isometric ride through a less than ordinary summer camp. Assuming the role of deranged voxel killer Skullface, players were tasked with decapitating, squashing, and pulverising unsuspecting victims. It all sounds rather brutal, but the blocky, adorable characters create a humorous dissonance.
In a recent announcement, Blue Wizard Digital made it public that Slayaway Camp would be re-releasing for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut, an expanded version of the original game.
In addition to the base game, you can expect over 300 puzzles, more than 90 Gorepacks plus outrageous death scenes, and 60+ killers including Kevin, Mutant Hillbilly, and an inter-dimensional clown who goes by ‘THAT’.
In the audio department, Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut features a bonafide glam metal soundtrack by GNÜ TRUNTION, and stars the vocal talents of Mark Meer (Mass Effect’s Commander Shepard) and Derek Mears (Jason Vorhees in the 2009 film reboot of Friday the 13th).
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut will drop late next month—just in time for Halloween.
- Friday The 13th: Killer Puzzle Finalises Steam & Mobile Release
- Daily Deal: Magicka 2 Is 75% Off On Steam
- SmackDown Live Debuts a Dozen New Superstars After WWE’s Superstar Shake-Up
- Nintendo Reveals Why MARIO KART Games Still Have The Dreaded Blue Shell
- Fortnite Update 1.7.2 Allows Players to Switch in Spectator Mode, Increases Medium Ammo Stacks, Reduces Rocket Ammo Spawn Rate and More