While WoW Classic has been dominating the World of Warcraft news lately – and with good reason – Battle for Azeroth continues to truck along, and today we’ve gotten fresh details on what’s to come in patch 8.3. There’s plenty of stuff planned for the update, but perhaps the most notable additions are the two new Allied Races.
Finally confirming years of speculation, Vulpera will be an Allied Race on the Horde side – as game director Ion Hazzikostas says, “a shock to everyone, I’m sure.” You’ll need to have completed the Vol’dun quest line and reached Exalted with the Voldunai, and then finish a new quest in the 8.3 patch before getting access.
The Mechagnomes of Mechagon join the Allied Races on the Alliance side. Similarly, you’ll have to complete the Mechagon storyline and reach Exalted status here to unlock the Mechagnomes for yourself. “You too can have a gnome of your very own, with a robot arm and/or leg. Your choice.”
Patch 8.3 – or, more properly, Visions of N’Zoth – will pit you against the titular Old God at the end of the new Ny’alotha raid.
You can get details on the new stuff in the full video above.
Expect the 8.3 PTR to go live very soon.
- WoW patch 8.3 Visions of N’Zoth is live – here’s what’s new
- Here are the Final Fantasy XIV quests you need to complete before patch 5.3
- Final Fantasy XI is getting a new storyline next month
- WoW Classic’s new patch brings Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch Battlegrounds
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Fantastic Four: Shadow of Doom Expansion Releases in Late March