Warcraft 3: Reforged finally has a proper release date and – as you’ve probably guessed by now – it’s not making the original 2019 window. But it’s not missing the year by much, as Blizzard has confirmed that the new edition of one of the all-time classic strategy games will be available worldwide on January 28, 2019.
Reforged will have a single, global release time on January 28 at 15:00 PST / 18:00 EST / 23:00 GMT. “Though we’ve been working hard to get Reforged in your hands before the end of the year,” the devs say on the official site, “as we started approaching the finish line, we felt we’d need a little extra development time for finishing touches. As always, our goal is to honor the high standards you hold us to.”
You can pre-order two different versions of Reforged right now, and they both include the original Reign of Chaos campaign and The Frozen Throne expansion. For an extra ten bucks, the Spoils of War edition adds number of extra hero skins, plus goodies for most of Blizzard’s other games.
If you need a refresher on what those modernised graphics look like, check out the trailer below.
The Warcraft 3: Reforged beta has been giving players an early taste of the new version for a few weeks now, but we’ll see how it finally turns out in the new decade.
- AMD can’t even give Warcraft 3: Reforged away for free
- Warcraft III: Reforged updates will change Ranked play – here’s how
- Warcraft 3: Reforged devs were “literally fixing bugs directly from Reddit comments”
- Warcraft 3: Reforged mod makes the game a third-person RPG – take a look
- A hand-drawn Metroidvania is free on Epic – next free game revealed, too