Newly unveiled gameplay from Gunfire Games’ third entry in the Darksiders series, Darksiders III, takes players on a tour of a rocky region called The Hollows. It’s a more condensed bit of footage compared to the initial gameplay reveal, but the ‘less is more’ approach still reveals a surprise ability.
The 1:40 trailer stars Fury, one of The Four Horsemen of the apocalypse. Brandishing an incendiary whip, she can be seen whipping Lava Brutes (lower level enemies) in impressive fashion before swiftly crossing a chasm with an automated grappling hook. It seems to function like the Abyssal Chain or Death Grip.
Once she pirouettes to a higher ledge, a more formidable foe appears, swinging a scythe with imposing precision.
Previous Darksiders installations saw players assume the role of War (Darksiders) and Death (Darksiders II), which points the way for Strife to become the protagonist in potential future titles. Until early January, PlayStation Plus subscribers can access Darksiders II Deathfinitive Edition for free, so if you haven’t walked in Death’s shoes yet, now is the perfect opportunity.
Early birds can pre-order Darksiders III today for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Darksiders III Latest Cutscene Video Showcases Fury’s Fiery Form
- Darksiders III Update Raises Level Cap, Adds New Classic Combat Feature, New Checkpoints and More
- Get into the Darksiders 3 spirit with some cosplay and ASMR
- Darksiders 3 review scores – our round-up of all the critics
- Darksiders III will get a Horde mode as DLC