Overshadowed by the retirement (probably) of The Undertaker at WrestleMania 33 was the fact that it was also likely the final match of Goldberg, the former WCW champion who returned to the WWE in his 50s to capture the Universal Championship and work a handful of high profile matches against Brock Lesnar.
It was widely expected that WrestleMania was the end of Goldberg’s short-term WWE contract. After Raw went off the air last night, Goldberg came out to address the crowd and it certainly seemed like he was saying goodbye.
— WWE (@WWE) April 4, 2017
He later called his son into the ring to stand beside him, even making a joke about the invincible booking he’s received all these years. He didn’t officially say he was retiring, because this is pro wrestling. However, it certainly seems like WrestleMania 33 was the last we’ll see of Goldberg in the ring.
- WATCH: The Undertaker’s Pyro Sets The WrestleMania Stage on Fire
- Goldberg and WWE Are Reportedly Talking About A Comeback
- WrestleMania 33: What Match Will Actually Be The Main Event?
- D’Von Dudley Teases Possible Retirement On Social Media
- WATCH: Aftermath Of Fan Attempting To Attack Seth Rollins On Raw