During Bungie’s Destiny 2 livestream reveal event today, the developer dropped a new cinematic trailer designed to help reintroduce us all to the Destiny universe.
The trailer focuses on Commander Zavala — one of the Vanguard leaders from the first game — and his own history as a Guardian, the heroes of Destiny. The whole thing has a very Edge of Tomorrow feel to it as Zavala is resurrected time and again by his Ghost companion and overall, it’s all very beautiful and reinforces Bungie’s commitment to better storytelling with their sequel.
Destiny 2 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC on Sept. 8. We’ll have more coverage on the game soon, but in the meantime, check out the livestream event over on YouTube.
- Your Guardian can talk in Destiny 2: Forsaken
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Cinematic Trailer Shows Players Cayde-6’s Final Stand Against the Fallen
- Destiny 2 Halloween Event, Festival of the Lost Showcased in New Trailer; New Guns, Quests, Skins, and Much More Detailed
- Destiny 2 Faction Rally Returns Next Week
- Destiny 2 Gets A Double XP Weekend For Clan Members