Tonight the WWE will air their official 25th anniversary edition of Monday Night Raw (even though the actual anniversary date was a couple of weeks ago, but whatever). To commemorate the occasion, they have advertised a ridiculous number of returning stars (Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, etc) for what should be a fun nostalgic trip down memory lane.
The WWE have also “leaked” the opening video package, and it’s an impressive look back at some of the greatest moments in the history of the show. Some of the highlights we caught were Kane’s original unmasking, Kurt Angle moonsaulting from the top of a steel cage, Stephanie McMahon’s “wedding,” the Degeneration X invasion of WCW, a clip of HBK vs. Shelton Benjamin (often considered one of the greatest matches in Raw history), Chris Jericho’s debut, Mankind’s first title win, Edge’s touching retirement speech, and plenty of Austin vs. McMahon stuff.
Some clips even include wrestlers who have been excommunicated by the WWE, including shots of Chyna and a mention of CM Punk’s “Pipebomb” promo. All in all, a must watch for any wrestling fan.
Check out the special episode of Raw on Monday, January 22.
- Chris Jericho: “Bobby Heenan Might Be The Greatest All-Around Performer in Wrestling History”
- Early WrestleMania 34 Betting Odds Have Been Released
- WWE Plans To ‘Integrate LGBT Characters’ Into Their Shows
- 13 Absolute Best SummerSlam Matches Of All Time
- Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar Had An Altercation Backstage After SummerSlam