Looks like Australia cant handle the anti-facism heat – We Happy Few,, the highly anticipated title from Compulsion games has been officially banned in the country. ResetEra user WCBB first broke the news that the Australian Department of Communications and the Arts has given the game an RC rating, or more specifically, refused to classify it. Basically this means it can’t be sold in that country.
The Australian Government’s Classification Board allegedly states that “the computer game is classified RC in accordance with the National Classification Code, Computer Games Table, 1. (a) as computer games that ‘depict, express or otherwise deal with matters of sex, drug misuse or addiction, crime, cruelty, violence or revolting or abhorrent phenomena in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that they should not be classified.”
One user responded to the classification, saying that game’s with drug-related themes usually result in the ban.
We Happy Releases is set to release worldwide (except Australia, soz bois) this year.
- PAX Aus Welcomes EB Games Expo to Melbourne
- Sony’s Detroit: Become Human Labelled ‘Perverse’ For Depicting Domestic Violence
- 51% Of Gamers Disagree With Videogaming Being Classified As An Addiction
- Ex-CIA employee charged with leaking ‘Vault 7’ hacking tools to Wikileaks
- Kaspersky: NSA Worker’s Computer Was Already Infested With Malware