Looks like Australia cant handle the anti-facism heat – We Happy Few,, the highly anticipated title from Compulsion games has been officially banned in the country. ResetEra user WCBB first broke the news that the Australian Department of Communications and the Arts has given the game an RC rating, or more specifically, refused to classify it. Basically this means it can’t be sold in that country.
The Australian Government’s Classification Board allegedly states that “the computer game is classified RC in accordance with the National Classification Code, Computer Games Table, 1. (a) as computer games that ‘depict, express or otherwise deal with matters of sex, drug misuse or addiction, crime, cruelty, violence or revolting or abhorrent phenomena in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that they should not be classified.”
One user responded to the classification, saying that game’s with drug-related themes usually result in the ban.
We Happy Releases is set to release worldwide (except Australia, soz bois) this year.
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered leak spotted
- PUBG could be coming to PS4, prompting questions about cross-play
- The Division 2 has “drug labs,” “drug paraphernalia,” and “drug kitchens”
- Australia Passes Anti-Encryption Bill—Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Ex-NSA Developer Gets 5.5 Years in Prison for Taking Top Secret Documents Home