There might be a slight chance that we see a revival of the once extremely popular action-adventure series from the PS3/Xbox 360 era, Prince of Persia.
This week, model and TV host Chrissy Teigen posted on Twitter about how she had enjoyed Prince of Persia and wondered if the franchise was still alive. The creator of the series responded to Teigen, stating that he’s working hard at bringing the series back.
“Chrissy, I know a few other people who feel the same way,” he said. “We’re doing our best to make it happen!”
Mechner was behind the very first Prince of Persia which released way back in 1989, since that release Mechner has been working with Ubisoft to develop the series reboot from 2001.
As of right now, we don’t really know if a new game will or won’t happen as Ubisoft has been pretty quiet on the matter, hopefully, they do entertain the idea, but with the way the multiplayer gaming market is moving – I doubt Ubisoft would be too open to it as the Assasins Creed franchise already sort of fills that genre of game.
Thoughts on a new Prince of Persia? Let us know in the comments below.
- Ubisoft is “fighting for resources” on Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia
- Ubisoft’s Chief Creative Officer Talks Splinter Cell Future
- Ubisoft wants to bring back Assassin’s Creed multiplayer
- Ubisoft only wants to work with external devs on “arena sports” and indies
- Arkane Studios Reveals Dishonored Series Currently On Hiatus