It looks like we really have something to look forward to in the year 2020 and guess what, that’s really not so far away!
Rocket League is cool, but what if you’re more into capes than cars? Do you prefer magic wands and broomsticks to footballs and shin guards? Broomstick League takes a page from Harry Potter and pits teams of wizards and witches against each other in an arena sport that looks as close to Quidditch and Rocket League as you can get without having to acquire a license for either property. Look into your scrying mirror (or the video above) to check out the announcement trailer.
Broomstick League, which is scheduled for release on Steam in early 2020, will feature multiplayer matches from 1v1 up to 4v4. There doesn’t appear to be anything like Harry Potter’s golden snitch, so the wizards will have to make do by flying around on broomsticks, capturing the ball, and putting it into the goal to score. Players will be able to cast spells that will let them teleport around the arena and blast the ball away from opponents. There will also be customization options to personalize your wizards.
Check out the trailer!
- Here’s the Harry Potter-meets-Rocket League game you’ve been waiting for
- Broomstick League – A Quidditch Inspired Game
- Pysonix Details Limited Time Lucky Laterns Event for Rocket League, New Trailer Released
- Pysonix to End Support for Rocket League on macOS and Linux Platforms in March
- PSA: Rocket League Mac/Linux support is ending, but PC players are good