Azshara, Queen of the Naga, will be the star of the third and final episode of the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Warbringers animated shorts. Blizzard teased a little bit of what to expect at a Gamescom presentation today, and you’ll be able to see the new short this Friday, August 24.
Azshara, as Blizzard notes, is one of the oldest antagonists in Warcraft lore, but she’s only had a fleeting role in World of Warcraft up to this point. Her actions at the Well of Eternity brought forth the Legion on Azeroth, leading to the Great Sundering. Consequently, Blizzard says “there’s a reason we have chosen to star her in the last of our Warbringers series, which we’re extremely proud of.”
The short’s debut will follow the Battle for Azeroth Cosplay Showcase on August 24 at 18:15 CEST – that’s 9:15 PDT / 12:15 EDT / 17:15 BST. Keep Blizzard’s YouTube or Twitch channels on in the background during that time if you want to see the premier – or, hey, actually watch and enjoy some cool cosplay. Blizzard’s Gamescom Schedule is packed with stuff to check out, either way.
Previous Warbringers shorts have focused on Jaina and Sylvanas – though the latter in particular has offered no shortage of controversy. Blizzard offered an assurance to fans during this presentation that it won’t “do to Sylvanas what happened with Garrosh,” addressing one of the biggest concerns about the story’s direction.
- Battle for Azeroth is the fastest-selling World of Warcraft expansion ever
- WoW devs: “We’re not going to do to Sylvanas what happened with Garrosh”
- Warcraft players are harrassing writers over the latest Battle for Azeroth short
- World of Warcraft is now more than 5,000 days old
- World of Warcraft is taking storytelling lessons from Overwatch, Blizzard says