Playtonic has announced this morning that they have been working on a sequel for the critically acclaimed kickstarted platforming title — Yooka-Laylee.
Yes, Playtonic has announced the highly anticipated sequel — Yooka-laylee and the Impossible Lair. The sequel is looking pretty great, to be honest, it is more of a 2D platforming game style rather than the open world 3D world like the original.
A lot of fans of Playtonic are noting that they are getting major vibes from Donkey Kong Country with this new take on Yooka-Laylee and I am here for it!. I liked the first one, didn’t think it was anything special, but this new 2D platforming style like Super Mario Bros. has really captured my interest in the game!
Check out the reveal trailer for Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair down below:
Yooka and Laylee are back in a brand-new platform hybrid adventure! They must run, jump, and roll their way through a series of challenging 2D levels, face a puzzling Overworld, and rally the Royal Beetallion to take down Capital B and his Impossible Lair!
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is set to release for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. No release date has been confirmed as of yet.
Are you excited about the upcoming sequel? Let us know in the comments below!
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair features 2.5D platforming and a new story
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a loving ode to Donkey Kong Country
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair Has A Release Window
- Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair: All TWIT Coin Locations | Alternate Chapters 11-20
- New Jump Force Trailer Showcases Boruto and Dai in Action, Watch Here