If you’re a fan of platforming titles then you may have been keen on the announcement of Yooka-Layleeand the Impossible Lair. This is a new spin-off title coming out after the initial Yooka-Laylee video game release under developers Playtonic Games. With this upcoming 2.5D platformer, gamers will find that several talented developers who were behind Donkey Kong Country have been working on this upcoming release, which may help with the hype behind this video game’s release.
This time around Captain B needs to be stopped and in order to do so, players will have to venture off into his Impossible Lair. Since its initial announcement back in June of this year, there haven’t been any details as to when the game would release. While we still don’t have a specific release date attached to the project, we do know that the game is slated to launch within October of this year. That’s after a Tweet was released out into the public from the Playtonic official Twitter account that simply stated that good things are coming in October.
So while we can mark our calendars that this platformer is inbound in the next few months, we still have to wait and see just when it’s exactly launching. Regardless, the game will be releasing on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and lastly, PC platforms. In the meantime, check out the official trailer above along with some game screenshots below.
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair Announced, New Reveal Trailer Released
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair features 2.5D platforming and a new story
- You can beat Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Layer in its free demo – but only if you’re good
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is a loving ode to Donkey Kong Country
- PlayStation 5 Will Cross-Play With PlayStation 4 Online