JRPG Ys Origin will be materialising on Xbox One this Spring, publisher Dotemu has confirmed in a post. After dropping on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita last year, the magical mix of metroidvania and story-driven platforming will be available to Xbox players for the very first time for the very respectable price of $19.99 USD.
This classic tale of rescue starts off when a goddess duo gets nabbed and a demonic invasion starts taking hold of the land. It takes place seven centuries before the events of Ys I & II, a time during which the land of Ys is rapidly sliding towards its demise and is in dire need of a saviour. A trinity of saviours, to be exact. As apprentice knight Yunica Tovah, sorcerer Hugo Fact or The Claw, your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves an eclectic lot of dungeon crawling, puzzle-solving, and slaying villainous brutes all in the hopes of restoring celestial order.
There’s some exciting updates for Xbox One users too, such as the addition of a Speedrun Mode and Blood Level Option, both exclusive to the console.
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 4.3 Adds New Main and Side Quests, New Trial and Dungeon and New 24-Man Raid
- Dungeon Crawler VR Title The Mage’s Tale Coming to PSVR Soon
- The Division Update 1.8.1 Lands Next Week; Adds Xbox One X Support
- Chaotic Hack ‘n’ Slash MetaMorph: Dungeon Creatures Receives Expansion
- Assassin’s Creed Origin’s Xbox One Install Size Revealed