The recommended and minimum system requirements for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, a game about big fighting carrots, have been released. A Vegeta-ble filled romp from start to finish, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot appears to have a very low bar for entry. It could even run on a potato. Rad… itz.
If you fancy reliving the story of famed bad boy Goku and the rest of the gang on January 16, 2020, you won’t be needing a Titan RTX to do so. You’ll get along just fine with a GTX 960 or Radeon R9 280X, or even scrape by with a GTX 750 Ti or Radeon HD 7950. That’s a pretty wide gamut of compatible gaming PCs.
As for processor power, you’ll be needing at least an Intel i5 2400 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T – both chips roughly a decade old at this point. Ideally, however, you’d be running either an Intel Core i5 3470 or AMD Ryzen 1200, two quad-core, quad-thread CPUs. Shouldn’t be a hassle for most according to the Steam Hardware Survey stats.
Only 4GB of system memory is required, too. Although 8GB will see you through nicely. And you’ll be needing at least 36GB of memory free on your hard drive or SSD. In need of extra space? Any one of the best SSDs for gaming will see you through.
Here are the Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot system requirements. You can also check out our best bud, System Requirements Lab, for a full breakdown and whether your PC makes the cut.
MINIMUM system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 750 Ti or Radeon HD 7950
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 36 GB available space
Recommended system requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 280X
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 40 GB available space
Bear in mind that there will reportedly be an 11GB day one update, comprised of two patches, for Dragon Ball Z on release.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot’s release date is set for January 16, 2020, so make sure to check it out if you’re a fan of the series. I hear Kakarot is not all fighting and flying, either. You can also get right into the thick of it with a little fishing, and even baseball – delightful.
- The Outer Worlds system requirements are out now
- Death Stranding system requirements – minimum, recommended, and ideal PC specs
- Need for Speed Heat PC Requirements Revealed; Over 20 Mins of 4K Gameplay Released
- Horizon Zero Dawn PC system requirements revealed
- Here are the Ghost Recon Breakpoint system requirements