There are a few reasons you might be getting the Inappropriate Activity Detected error in Elden Ring, which outright crashes your game if it hits. If you’ve run into this error, check out some of the possible fixes in our guide below.
Change Language Settings
The first thing you need to try is to change your local language settings, which can be done by following these steps:
- Exit the game.
- Press the “Start” button in Windows.
- Select “Settings” option.
- Go to “Time and Language” menu.
- Select “Language” tab.
- Go to “Administrative Language Settings” menu.
- Select “Change System Locale” option.
- Enable the “Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8” parameter.
Save and restart your PC for these changes to take effect. Once this is done, you should be able to connect to Elden Ring servers without any problems.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
Steam players should also verify the integrity of Elden Ring game files by following these simple steps:
- Launch Steam app.
- Go to your game library.
- Right-click on Elden Ring.
- Select “Properties” option.
- Go to “Local Files” tab.
- Press the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
Wait for the process to complete, and once it’s over you can start the game without any issues.
Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
EAC or Easy Anti-Cheat error could also be the reason for this bug to appear, so be sure to repair this application by doing the following:
- Go to “C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\EasyAntiCheat\” folder on your PC
- Right-click on the “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe” file
- Select “Run as Administrator” option
- If it’s not installed on your PC yet, then select “INSTALL“
- If it’s already installed, then select “REPAIR“
- Confirm by pressing “YES“
Reinstall Your Game
Some players report that a complete re-installation of the game can also fix this issue. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start the Steam app
- Select “Library” tab
- Right-click on the Elden Ring game
- Go to “Manage” option
- Select “Uninstall” from the list
Once it is done, reboot your PC, start the Steam app, and install Elden Ring by pressing the “Install” button.
That’s everything you need to know on how to fix the Inappropriate Activity Detected error in Elden Ring. If you want to read more on Elden Ring tips and tricks, then go to our dedicated hub page.