Before delving into the numerous graphics settings in Hogwarts Legacy, PC players must first check minimum and recommended system requirements in Hogwarts Legacy. Once you made sure that your PC fits the bill, you can proceed with this guide to set the best PC performance settings for Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy Best Graphics Settings for Performance
As soon as you install and launch the game, it is advisable to go to “Settings” menu in the game and select “Display Options” tab. There you can set up the best configuration for your PC. Here’s what we recommend:
- Window Mode: Windowed Fullscreen.
- Upscale Type: NVIDIA DLSS.
- Upscale Mode: NVIDIA DLSS Quality.
- Upscale Sharpness: 0
- NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: On
- VSync: On
- Frame Rate: 60
- Motion Blur: On
- Depth of Field: On
- Chromatic Aberration: On
- Film Grain: On
Also, we highly recommend turning off any Ray Tracing (RTX) options, unless you’re using one of the following graphics cards or higher that actually support DirectX 12:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.
- AMD RX 5600 XT.
If you’re using a GPU that supports only DirectX 11, then be sure to disable all Ray Tracing options in the display settings.
Best nVidia-exclusive Performance Settings
Besides the in-game settings, players can also improve their gameplay experience by selecting the best options in the nVidia control panel in Global 3D Settings menu:
- Set “Image Scaling” to “ON“.
- Set “Ambient Occlusion” to “Performance“.
- Set “Anisotropic Filtering” to “Application Controlled“.
- Set “Antialiasing FXAA” to “Off“.
- Set “Antialiasing Mode” to “Application Controlled“.
- Set “Antialiasing Transparency” to “Off“.
- Set “Low Latency Mode” to “Ultra“.
- Set “Max Frame Rate” to “Off“.
- Set “Optimize for Computer Performance” to “On“.
Lastly, laptop users should definitely set “Power Management Mode” to “Maximum Performance“.
Best AMD Radeon-exclusive Performance Settings
Similarly, AMD graphics cards owners could improve the performance of Hogwarts Legacy via an AMD Radeon software in the Graphics menu:
- Toggle “Anti-Lag” to “On“.
- Toggle “Image Sharpening” to “On“.
- Toggle “Vertical Refresh” to “Off“.
- Set “AA Method” to “Multi Sampling“.
Those are the best PC performance settings in Hogwarts Legacy, and stay tuned for more Hogwarts Legacy tips and tricks articles.
Featured image via Warner Bros. Games.