The Pokemon craze never stops as we venture into another generation of cute little creatures we keep in a tiny ball. The essential way of growing your Pokemon database collection in Pokemon games is by trading with other trainers. Trading offers many benefits, such as making new friends or getting that powerful Pokemon you’ve always wanted.
This guide will explain how to invite friends and trade with them in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Ways to Trade Online and Offline in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Trading with your friends is a crucial feature in the Pokemon universe. Online trading is very straightforward in this game, and this is how you do it:
- Open your main menu by pressing the X button.
- Choose Poke Portal and then Link Trade.
- Create a Link Code. This can be any number you choose as long as your friend enters the same code.
- Don’t forget to inform your friend of the Link Code.
- Press Begin Searching, and you’ll automatically connect to your friend.
- Choose the Pokemon that you’re willing to trade, and accept.
- A small animation will play, indicating that you and your friend have completed the trade.
For offline trading, you would want to be in the same room as your friend. Both you and your friend should switch to offline mode by pressing the L button in the Poke Portal. Next, hit Begin Searching, select the Pokemon you want to trade, and confirm.
What is Surprise Trading?
As the name implies, surprise trading allows you to trade one of your Pokemons to a random one from any trainers out there. It keeps you on your toes, and who knows, maybe you’ll get a strong Pokemon out of nowhere. It’s surprisingly easy, and here’s how to do it in Scarlet and Violet:
- On the main menu, choose Poke Portal.
- Select Surprise Trade.
- Pick the Pokemon that you would want to trade.
- The game will search for a trade partner and inform you if it has already found a trainer.
- The trade will automatically go through, and you’ll only see the Pokemon you’re getting in the animation.
Inviting Your Friends in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
A nifty feature in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is the ability to form or join a group via online connectivity. Here’s how to invite your friends and form a group:
- Open your main menu.
- Choose Poke Portal.
- Select Union Circle.
- Select “Form a group” or “Join a group.”
- Now, you can perform raid battles, trades, or even have a friendly match with your group.
And with that, you should know basically everything you need to know on how to invite friends and trade in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. For more tips, head over to our Scarlet and Violet guides hub.