Epic Games have taken to their blog to keep their fans up to date and detail the latest update to hit their epic Battle Royale title, Fortnite Chapter 2.
The new update is filled with some general bug fixes and some new features to help create a better experience while playing the Battle Royale mode. As expected, Epic Games have only detailed general bug fixes and detailing of the experience while playing the battle royale mode; they have not detailed anything new that’s coming to the game, no new modes for the upcoming week, or anything related of that sort.
This does create a fun fresh feel for the game as there could be a surprise around any corner, so it’s not the worst thing Epic Games could do. At least we’re still getting some new details on the updates.
Check out the full set of patch notes for update v11.20 which includes enhancements to the Battle Royale experience down below:
- Daily Challenges are back and can be completed for XP!
- Up to three at a time are available, and once a day you can replace a Challenge for another.
- In the Locker, you can now filter your items by the Season they were introduced in.
- To filter your items by Season, enter the Season name in the search bar. Use terms like “season 5,” “season x,” “chapter 2 season 1,” etc.
- You can now adjust the UI contrast.
- To adjust the UI contrast, use the User Interface Contrast setting in the Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Added a Tutorial playlist for the mobile version of Fortnite.
- Added Microsoft DirectX 12 support to the PC version of Fortnite.
- To use Microsoft DirectX 12, select it in the Advanced Graphics section of the Video settings.
- Adjusted the headshot multiplier of the Tactical Shotgun so it’s now in line with the headshot multiplier of the Pump Shotgun.
- Increased the Effective Health (sum of Health + Shield) given from Slurp Tankers.
- Resolved syncing issues involving the Bandage Bazooka. (Because these have been resolved, the Bandage Bazooka has been re-enabled.)
- Addressed reports of hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved the equipped item slot being the selection slot when players open the inventory.
- Addressed reports of buildings sometimes appearing low-detailed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as players land on the map.
- The hair of the Devastator Outfit now appears the intended color.
- The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol no longer appears larger than intended.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on everything except the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- It will appear correctly on these weapons in a future release.
In related news,
Epic Games have taken to their blog to announce that physical V-Bucks
cards will be heading to retailers very soon! Similar to gift cards for
Sony and Microsoft, users can soon pick up physical V-Bucks cards for
Fortnite giving players the choice to either buy in-game money both
online and in-store.
Fortnite Chapter 2 is now available to play for all platforms for free. Are you happy with how Chapter 2 of Fortnite is turning out? Let us know in the comments below!
- ‘Fortnite’ Emerges From Black Hole With All-New Island in Chapter 2
- Player Finds New Harpoon Gun in Fortnite Chapter 2
- Epic Games Officially Unveils Fortnite Chapter 2; New Launch Trailer, Battle Pass, and More Detailed
- Fortnite Update V11.40 Full Set of Patch Notes Detailed; New Features and Bug Fixes Highlighted
- Fortnite finally gets skill-based matchmaking – and bots, if you’re really bad