Looks like the next season of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is coming soon, as dataminers have uncovered an image of the new pass itself, as well as a look at the selection of items it’ll contain. Season 5 appears to be all about Miramar, and that’s got fans speculating that a major rework for the desert map is on the way.
It’ll be called Survivor Pass: Badlands, as a datamined image from ATNIGN on Twitter suggests. Separately, dataminers have uncovered a whole bunch of the items you’ll be able to unlock as part of the pass. Many of them share that same ‘badlands’ theme – and altogether, this all suggests that the new season will have a big focus on Miramar.
PUBG Corp announced a series of map remasters earlier this year. At the time, the developers said “we are working on new ways to balance loot and otherwise improve our maps, Erangel being the first.” Erangel was indeed the first map to get remastered, but “first” suggests that more are coming, and this could be a good opportunity to bring out some big changes for Miramar.
Miramar has generally been PUBG’s most poorly-regarded map, since its wide-open spaces and loot distribution force a slower playstyle. A remaster could keep the map’s flavour intact while ironing out the kinks.
Check out the best battle royale games for more from the genre that PUBG helped kickstart. Now that Fortnite has had its big relaunch, there’s no better time for PUBG to come out swinging.
- PUBG Update 5.1 PC Kicks Off Survivor Pass, Adds Throwing Mechanics, and More
- PUBG’s Miramar cinematic finally unlocked after dev overestimated its own players
- PUBG test adds a second blue zone to stop you camping
- New Map, Weapons, and Glider Confirmed for PUBG Season 6, Watch New Trailer Here
- PUBG’s Latest Trailer Focuses all About Upcoming Season 7 of Content