Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is off to mythical start, as Ubisoft has announced that the new game had the best launch week performance in the franchise for the current console generation.
“We are incredibly proud of what the team accomplished with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and humbled by the amazing reception from critics and players,” said Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Geoffroy Sardin in a press release. “Based on the quality of the game and the very encouraging reactions from players, we expect Odyssey to be one of the top performing Assassin’s Creed games of all-time. Launch is just the start of this epic journey. We have robust content plans for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey that will keep players engaged and exploring the game’s beautiful and compelling world for a long time to come.”
Set in Ancient Greece, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 5, and has earned largely positive reviews from critics and fans alike. We gave the game an 8 out of 10 in our review, complimenting the epic story, new RPG mechanics, and strong lead performance from new protagonist Kassandra, but took issue with the game’s microtransaction model and the overwhelming size.
Want Goliath news delivered straight to your inbox every day? Join our mailing list now.
Follow me on Twitter at Nick_Steinberg.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Officially Best Performing Instalment on Current Generation of Consoles
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s physical sales are down 26% on Origins
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey review scores – our round-up of all the critics
- Assassin’s Creed Franchise Skipping 2019
- Ubisoft Offers A Solution To Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Grinding Problem … For A Price