This time last year, LawBreakers was a hot topic amongst the gaming community. Mainly because Twitter was never short of Cliff Bleszinski tweets consistently singing the game’s praises. Unfortunately, when the game finally released August 2017, it came crashing to the ground, only managing to maintain a player count of under 100 on Steam.
Now it seems that the studio behind the game has finally accepted defeat. Boss Key Productions announced via a blog post that the studio will not be supporting LawBreakers for the foreseeable future, and is rather focusing it’s efforts on an upcoming unannounced title.
‘The team here has worked hard on this game over the past three and a half years and our studio is determined to give this game the second life it deserves. However, between now and then, we cannot sit idle. We will continue to support the game in its current state, but we also need to focus on other projects with fresh creative leaders. We have been working on something new and we can’t wait to share more about it! It’s a passion project that we’re in complete control of.’
- Nexon Blames PUBG For Poor LawBreakers Sales
- Boss Key Productions Shuts Down
- Just Cause Developers Are Working On A New Open-World Game
- Upcoming Free Weekend For LawBreakers
- Former Driveclub & Motorstorm Developers Announce New Studio Wushu Studios; Embarking on New Sci-Fi Themed Game